- Only certified Professor of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in all of the Greater Houston area.
- Only active Brazilian Black Belt in the Sugar Land area to train and receive his black belt in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 3rd-Degree Black Belt – Highest ranking Gracie Jiu-Jitsu instructor in the Houston area
- The only former Gracie Jiu-Jitsu (Humaitá Academy) instructor and only Humaitá representative in the Houston area
- Recognized as Professor of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by the International Federation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (IBJJF), the Confederacao Brasileira de Jiu-Jitsu (CBJJF) and the United States Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (USBJJF)
- Recognized as a Professor of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu by Royler and Rolker Gracie
- Multiple Times World Medalist
- 2006 Pan American Champion
- Multiple times Pan American Medalist
- 2 Times Brazilian National Champion
- Multiple times Brazilian Nationals Medalist
- Multiple Times Rio de Janeiro State Champion
- Multiple times Rio De Janeiro State Medalist
- Instructor of many International and Pan American BJJ Champions
- International Grappling Festival Overall Team Champion Instructor
- Elite Grapplers Championship Overall Team Champion Instructor
- GC Championship Overall Team Champion Instructor
- Two-time North American Grappling Association (NAGA) Overall team champion instructor
- Texas Police and Fire Games Grappling Champion Instructor
- International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation Certified Referee
- World Class Referee
- First and only Professor of Jiu-Jitsu to host a Master Rickson Gracie seminar in Texas
- The first certified Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Professor to frequently host Royler Gracie seminars in Texas
- Grapplers World War Tournament Director
LEONARDO XAVIER’S TEACHING STYLE
Leonardo Xavier has dedicated his adult life to spreading the values of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu that were taught to him by the most prominent members of the Gracie family. Mr. Xavier is a third degree black belt and holds the title of Professor of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as recognized by the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (IBJJF), United States Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (USBJJF) and the Confederacao Brasileira de Jiu-Jitsu (CBJJF) which are the most recognized governing bodies for Brazilain Jiu-Jitsu. He is also a world class recognized submission wrestling referee and a certified IBJJF referee. Professor Xavier is a certified black belt under the prestigious Gracie Humaitá Academy, the first and original Gracie Jiu-Jitsu learning center founded by Grand Master Helio Gracie in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. The quality level of instruction, mentoring and preparation that he has received through a lifetime of study has put him amongst a very elite and small group of people that are recognized as being the most qualified and competent instructors of this system of self-defense.
Professor Xavier has been a world-class black belt level instructor for more than 10 years. He is well known throughout the Jiu-Jitsu community for his technical acumen, passionate belief in the core values of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and his careful attention to detail. Through his experience teaching at Gracie Tijuca and Gracie Humaitá he has become a master motivator who always manages to maximize each student’s capabilities while providing them with a friendly learning environment in which they can achieve the goals they set forth for themselves. Our students are taught to be self-motivated and to find their inner drive to succeed through the principles of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Professor Xavier has developed his teaching style by learning to include instructions to benefit all 3 levels of learning styles. LX Jiu-Jitsu students learn traditional style Gracie Jiu-Jitsu through audio, visual and kinesthetic centered directives that make assimilating new techniques a much simpler process. Students throughout the entire world have benefited from the degree of ease with which Professor Xavier manages to make concepts easily understood and incorporated into each person’s unique skill set.
He is recognized in the martial arts world and Jiu-Jitsu community as one of the most charismatic professors and as a world-class authority of the art. With 20 years of experience, Leo is highly sought after for teaching seminars and courses in and out of the USA.
Few people can match his ability to combine a deep knowledge of the art with a passion and enthusiasm for teaching the legion of loyal students that he gained all over the world.